Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Massage

Yesterday was a long day... I started off at the library using the wireless, then headed to the Arkansas Arts Center for class. In class I worked on some hammered copper findings and a hammered copper cuff bracelet that I will embellish with beads. 
After class I had a wonderful massage by my friend Cora. Visit www.littlerockdoulas.com to check out what Cora does in addition to massage. I highly recommend her massage therapy! My neck and back get all out of whack from sitting at my work table and hunching over it. I could probably remedy this if I had a few more square feet in my house... but I deal with it for now.

Today I am working on my "artist statement," resume and portfolio of work to send to the Arkansas Arts Council. They offer $4000 artist fellowships each year and this year I am submitting to the "Contemporary and Traditional Crafts" competition. The winners of this  years awards will be announced in September, so everyone cross your fingers for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment