Monday, February 22, 2010

hmmm.... blog what

I am kind of at a loss on what to blog about but I am trying really hard to blog more often this year. I decided I would just talk about a few of the pieces I made last week from vintage materials.

# 1 Earrings











All the components in this pair of earrings are recycled from vintage jewelry. The metal component with the floral pattern is off of a glass pearl necklace, it was part of the clasp. The blue glass pearls are from the same necklace and the crystal drop beads are from a pair of earrings. The chain was in a pile of vintage junk on my work table...

#2 Necklace


















This necklace is made from an old shoe clip, vintage chains, glass beads and brass beads from Mali & freshwater pearls. I especially love the color scheme in this necklace. I had a good time designing it and constructing it...

#3 Necklace


















This necklace is my favorite! I was organizing a box of junk the other day and found the old skeleton key hole so I had to think of a design to incorporate the skeleton key and the key hole. I started by selecting some random stones that I recently purchased in Tucson. This is my favorite piece right now and I plan to make more in the future. I am going to have to search high and low for more of the key holes. This is truly a "one of a kind" design by Bella Vita.

#4 Rings, Rings, Rings





































These rings are made out of vintage clip on earrings... the middle image is vintage buttons and the bottom is vintage buttons. This is a small sampling of the rings I made last week... I think I made about 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment