Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Help Me Help a Friend

Jennifer and I worked together at Argenta Bead in North Little Rock a few years back. I always knew she was passionate about helping people abroad and now she has an exciting opportunity. I volunteered to post Jennifer's information on my blog, please read her post and if you can, send her a little love and maybe a monetary donation. Remember, any amount works, $1, $5, or more. If you would like more info from Jen, her email is at the bottom of this post. Thanks for reading! -Brandy


 Hi, my name is Jennifer Bentley.  I live in Little Rock and am excited to have the opportunity to go to Nairobi, Kenya this summer to teach jewelry skills to disadvantaged women.   I will be going to Kenya at the end of June with Melody and Lewis Taylor of Go-Near ministries and hope to specifically work with the Widows Empowerment Project in the Gituamba slums of Nairobi.
 The Taylors have partnered with a local pastor to set up a 2 year sewing project for widows.  These women are sole supporters of their children and often cannot find work to pay for the most basic necessities of life.  I am so excited to have the opportunity to teach jewelry making skills so that they will have another tool to help support their families!

 I am depending on donations for the trip itself and for jewelry supplies for the women.  I would really appreciate your help.  If you would like to donate please send a check made out to Go-Near Ministries to: 600 Mimi Ln “A”, Little Rock AR 72211.

Thank you!
Jennifer Bentley
Please contact me at jenniferb88@gmail.com

Widow and her child.
Gituamba slums of Nairobi
Teaching how to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment