Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Atlanta Recap and the Begining of 2015

  I just returned from AmericasMart Gift Show in Atlanta. This was my second time exhibiting at this show (my first was back in July).
  I departed Little Rock on Wednesday morning on the direct Delta flight around 6:30. I finally made it to my booth in Building 3 around 10 a.m. Immediately unpacked the palette I shipped and started painting my back wall so it would dry in time to decorate before I left the building for the night. I spent around 9 hours setting up on my first day and decided that had to be enough. I needed rest.
  These shows aren't for just anyone. I was quickly reminded what an emotional roller coaster they are as soon as the first buyers hit our section on Thursday morning. It's easy to put yourself out there in front of the buyer but it isn't always easy to accept the rejection (in a nice way) and crazy faces people make when they walk by your booth and look you up and down. My product isn't going to be a good fit for everyone and that is completely fine, I just had to keep reminding myself that I have a great product and the right buyer WILL come by. And they did, I had a very successful show, I picked up several new accounts in several new states and couldn't be more excited. Now to get to work on these orders -- after I take a day or two off.
  Atlanta was a great trip, I am completely exhausted but came home on a very high note and in a a very good mood. I made a lot of new business contacts, networked with fellow vendors and even some of my suppliers, reconnected with old friends from market and made new friends. Even though those 6 days were completely exhausting, I came home completely refreshed and ready to kick some major ass in 2015! I am already behind on my goal setting, planning, research & development, and my new project 52 weeks of bronze pendants... but I am going to catch up! So please follow the blog, facebook, and instagram to keep up! 


P.S. Check out these amazing chocolates from Cocoa Rouge that we will have in the shop in a few weeks! I will be putting together a jewelry/chocolate/Valentines Day card package soon! <3

Overall Booth Design.
Spring 2015 Fashion Collection
More Booth Shots
My friend and fellow designer, Megna. I am bringing her beautiful hand made creations to Little Rock! Find them in my shop in early April.
What I wore... finally made a necklace out of the brooch my Grandma gifted me at Xmas. It turned out lovely.
New Anthro dress, slicked back pony, and the loveable "love knot" necklace. (not pictured my new favorite pair of heels from Good Things Boutique).
Took an evening off to hang with some friends. We ended up at the top of the Hyatt. Such a freaking cool building. I could have stared at this view for hours and from every angle. The architect is John Portman.

No comments:

Post a Comment