Thursday, February 5, 2015

52 Weeks of Bronze Pendants - Week 3

Medieval Village Pendant made from a brass picture button from the late 1800's - early 1900's. 
When I unearthed this button at my Grandmother's house it immediately reminded me of driving through the Italian countryside last Spring. On one of our days in Tuscany my family and I took a bus to the village that my Great Great Grandparents were from. It was a 5 hour drive one way so it was a great way to see a lot of Italy from Siena down to the Abruzzo region. We would be driving along the Autostrada and come upon medieval cities built on top of mountains. This button immediately reminded me of those villages and what I think they look like!

Original button image and necklace design are coming soon!
Sorry this is a lame post for Week 3. I am traveling and wanted to post something instead of getting behind and posting nothing :) I will update this when I get home.

Also, I am at market buying lots and lots of gemstones and other fun stuff. Follow along on facebook and instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment