Friday, May 1, 2009

Recycled Jewelry Class

The necklace in the lower left corner of the table is what Marcia created. It turned out really nice!

Last night at the Argenta Bead Co. I taught a class on how to recycle your old, unworn, broken jewelry. Each student sifted through their jewelry boxes and found pieces of sentimental jewelry that they wanted to be able to wear. So,  first we started by going through it all and deciding what pieces they really wanted to redo, since we only had a couple of hours we had to narrow it down to 2-3 projects. They told me their likes and dislikes about the piece and what they envisioned it turning into so they would be able to wear it again.  We had piles of jewelry, beads, broken costume jewelry, Grandma's costume jewelry, jewelry from ex's, jewelry from world travels, we had it all! The end result was: 
Donna: 1 pair of earrings, 2 necklaces, 1 bracelet
Angie: 2 bracelets, and a pair of earrings (Made from her Great Grandmother's faux pearls which she is going to give her Mother for Mother's day.)
Marcia: 1 necklace and the start of another necklace
And probably a new addiction to jewelry making!

One of the ladies in the class works for the Democrat Gazette, and she asked me if I would be comfortable with a photographer stopping by last night, and of course I said "I would love it." So she told me if nothing major and news worthy popped up then the photographer would stop by, and sure enough he did!  As soon as I find out when they will print the story/photos I will post it on here.
This is all of us hard at work!

Here I am sizing up Angie's new bracelet to make sure it fits her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment