Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tucson, shopping day 1

Shopping, day one: To Bead True Blue
This is one of my favorite shows. It is full of artsy handmade beads, vintage goodies, fine gemstones and imported Chinese "stuff." I found a few new vendors and made some new connections which is always fun!

These are from a new vendor, they are modern glass molded with vintage Czech glass molds. I <3 the Buddhas, think I will be keeping one of these.

Another new vendor, vintage brass goodies!

My fav! African trade beads: Mali brass, Mali wedding beads (actually made in Czech Republic but used for weddings in Mali).

Amethyst, smokey quartz, quartz crystal, labradorite.

Nom, nom, nom, nom! Geode slices, I have been looking for these for months!!! Can't wait to design with these babies.

New fine pewter pendants, so cute!!!
The best part of yesterday was having lunch with my old pals and my Mom and her friend Kathy. 
My friends Holly and Cynthia that used to be the owners of Crescent Moon Beads in Eureka Springs are here as well as Ellie, my boss from Argent Bead in North Little Rock! I couldn't ask for a better group of women to shop with! We all regroup through out the day and have mini show and tells to show off what we have purchased. Then in the evenings before dinner we lay it all out and show off everything... It is sooooo exciting!

Today is a big day... I think we are going to try to hit the Windmill, The Gem Mall and The Kino Veterans Center... better get going!!!

2 comments:

  1. Want to buy designer crescent moon necklace online at affordable rates? Then Petas Jewellery is here offering jewelry collection online for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete