Thursday, June 16, 2011

48 Earrings

This is how it all started, a photo of my product.

A few emails later and I had an order for 4 - pair of each color. That is 48 earrings :)!

I thought it would be kind of cool to photo document the assembly line process. This is how the earrings started out. From the bottom up. I started with the lucite filigree, added the brass and the glass beads.


Aren't these cute! I love my job, I love being around all this color!

After getting the bases built I piled them all up together. Then had one more step.
This is a completed earring with the french hook ear wire.
THen finally, ready to pack and ship. 
It was a little overwhelming to make 48 earrings that all looked exactly alike. Most of my designs have been one of a kind for so long. I am starting to break away from that in order to get more orders and to get into more boutiques. The big goal is to start having "Look Books" for boutiques to order from. This means designing at least a season ahead. All of which is hard for me to wrap my head around because I have always designed in the moment for shows. I'll get there though. I am currently working on a new line called Czech and Chain. It will be earrings, necklaces and rings made from high quality Czech glass and vintage chains.  See the image below for a sneak peak!



No comments:

Post a Comment