Thursday, January 30, 2014

2014 - A post about the New year (a month late)!

3 and 1/2 months isn't too long to go without a new blog post, is it?!??!!!

Sorrrrrrrry bout that!

2013 was amazing for this lil biz lady. Thanks a bunch for that!  I made it through Holiday sales and went straight in to my debut in the wholesale trade show world. It was pretty crazy. I started planning mentally back in August when I committed to the show. I slowly began my new booth design by hiring Perrodin Supply to build me some amazing tables (see pic below). Then pretty much took a break from planning because I was engulfed in Holiday shows/orders/etc until the day after Christmas.
Everything came together in the two weeks that I had to make it happen. It wasn't easy though. And there were road blocks. But I prevailed and was finally on my way to Dallas.
Set up was a breeze because I had everything planned out to a T and because my good friend from college was there to help, mentally and physically. 





The show was great and a huge learning experience. Now I know I can do this type of show and will try for Atlanta and New York next. I gained new accounts and met a great group of fellow jewelry artists that were also exhibiting.
Now I am busy filling orders and preparing for my next trip.

I leave Saturday morning to fly to NYC to visit the International Gift Show. I'll do a little shopping while I am there too and I hope to squeeze in a visit to the Museum of Art and Design to check out the amazing jewelry exhibit that is there right now. From New York I will fly straight out to Arizona for my annual buying trip at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show. I am excited, nervous, and a little overwhelmed by this trip, I won't lie... So much packed in to 8 days... I am planning to return to Little Rock more inspired than ever before! I have to come back inspired! Because, I had an amazing meeting with some amazing people yesterday and I am very excited to tell you all about it when the time comes. I am very much looking forward to developing a couple of new lines when I get back from my trip.

Until next time! Take care my friends and follow my journeys and daily life on my new personal instagram, username: brandymcnair
and as always you can keep up with all things jewelry on the Bella Vita instagram, username: bellavitajewelry


2 comments:

  1. JUST discovered your blot and Wow! You are one busy lady! So totally immersed in your biz. I create Petite Stitch jewelry and just started a blot. Enjoy your photos and loved my visit to NY. I will follow your progress. I have much to learn. I have owned/ operated a child daycare for 38 yrs and hope to retire to making Peyote fulltime. I will link back to your blog on mine.
    Linda
    www.peyoteplace.com
    www.handmadealltheway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can create short urls with Shortest and make dollars from every visitor to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete