Wednesday, January 21, 2015

52 Weeks of Bronze Pendants - Week 1

  52 Weeks of Bronze Pendants is a way for me to showcase the pendants I am making from my (and my Grandmothers) antique button collection. Of course I am still learning, I am not an expert by any means, but I have learned a lot from my Grandmother. All of my dating and identification is my opinion. If you are a collector and want to leave your feedback or correct me on anything please leave a comment. I am a bit behind but the goal is to post a new pendant design each week. And if I am really on top of things, I will post the jewelry design to go with it. Hope you enjoy!



  January 20th, 2015:  I think this button is a Division I which means it is from before 1918. I've always had a thing for rabbits. I used to collect rabbits of all sorts as a child. I had pet rabbits, stuffed animal rabbits, little ceramic antique rabbit figurines. It was a childhood thing and at some point as a teenager I cleared it all out of my life, or at least most of it. But now as an adult I have a soft spot in my heart for these cute little critters! Find this design soon, in my online shop and at upcoming shows.



  *Here is a quick introduction to buttons... Not the best article out there but a condensed run down of antique buttons. Of course there is so much more to collecting and loving these small pieces of work. If you would like to learn more in depth you might visit the National Button Societies website.

No comments:

Post a Comment