Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tucson Day 1

Day one: pop a valium, 7 a.m. flight from XNA... brief layover in Dallas... arrive in Tucson by 11:00 a.m. Get rental car, Mom's GPS doesn't work, find my way to the hotel, walk to Mexican restaurant next door, order lunch and a beer... start the madness.
I am sure most of you have never had the chance to visit Tucson for the Gem & Mineral show so I want to tell you about my experience while I am here. I also want to share some of my daily purchases.

Today we started at the Grant Inn, which is right next door to our hotel. I tried to walk the whole  show once before I purchased anything but that didn't happen! My Mom and I even had a bet, loser pays for dinner, I lost...
Shopping in Tucson is extremely exhausting and overwhelming all at the same time, but it is still loads of fun. There is so much "stuff," it is seriously sensory overload. I don't think you are actually allowed to take photos in the shows (I haven't tried but I don't think you're supposed to) so I can't give you an idea of how much there is to look at, compare prices & quality on, and make a decision on, but I can show you pictures of some of what I have purchased thus far.
 
Mixed Stones

 
African Trade Beads, Mali, Bali, Vinyl
 
Solar Quartz, Green Quartz, Tourmaline

No comments:

Post a Comment