Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tucson Day 2

Today we visited a show I had never been to before called the Best Bead Show... it was cool... lots of glass makers & art bead makers. I did find some awesome pewter from one of my favorite companies....
I can't wait to start designing around these beauties!

I also bought some more stones at this show... I am finding it hard to resist these tables full of semi precious and precious stones. I wish I had a million dollars so I could scoop them all up!

From there we stopped at a large mineral show w/ loads of Amethyst geodes as tall as me, huge pieces of petrified wood, agates galore etc... This stuff is really fun to look at and oooh and awe over but completely out of my budget!

From there we headed over to one of my favorite shows, To Bead True Blue. I found a lot of goodies here and a lot of beautiful things that I couldn't afford and got really bummed that I couldn't buy them. I just couldn't justify the prices that were being asked b/c of a fear that I might not be able to resell the particular items. There is always next year and I am hoping that my business will be in a place to allow me to take risks like that. It is still fun to admire all the beautiful beads, stones & minerals.

After a day of shopping (10 a.m. - 6 p.m. solid shopping! well, minus 20 minutes sitting at Chick-fil-a) my Mom and I had a well deserved drink in the hotel bar and then headed to our class. My former boss, Ellie, at Argenta Bead Company attended the class with us. The class was "Explorations of Resin" with Linda Larsen of Objects and Elements. We all had a great time and came out with some interesting resin pendants (see last picture).
Today we are headed to the infamous Holidome show, it is huge and it is going to be exhausting and I am afraid I will spend ALL of my money here, which will be ok. I have actually been doing pretty good with budgeting so far. I hope you all are enjoying the blog posts. If you have any requests send them my way, I'd be happy to pick something up for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment