Monday, April 5, 2010

Fayetteville, Arkansas

This weekend was my 3rd Jewelry Showing at Good Things Boutique in downtown Fayetteville. I cannot describe how perfect the day was! It was the first day of the wonderful Fayetteville Farmer's Market and the weather was more than cooperative. I started my day by popping in one of my favorite bakeries, The Little Bread Company, then I walked up Block St. to visit all the vendors at the market. I was also in search of some cookies for the show, which I purchased from a little bakery from Huntsville. I was so impressed with the amount of vendors at such an early market. Visiting the farmer's market has always been my "thing." Even on my Saturdays off I would rise at the break of day to be one of the first shoppers. Because everyone knows that "you have to get there early to get the good stuff." One time I even got in an argument with a man over a dozen fresh eggs (I was there first and there was only 1 dozen!).
After I finished up at the market I headed down to Good Things to set up the show. We had a great turn out and great sales too! I needed this to be a good first show, it reassured me that what I am doing might really work for me. It's hard to be an artist, financially and mentally, it is hard to not get discouraged at times. I try my hardest to stay positive and all the encouragement and compliments and praise that I got on Saturday really made me light up. So, thank you Jessy (owner of Good Things), thank you Bella Vita Fans, thank you to everyone that just wondered in and thank you to all my friends and family that take care of me when I travel! I couldn't do any of this with out any of you.

Jewelry set up in Good Things Boutique.


This is Emily Knight, she actually wont the necklace and earrings in the drawing... funny that I randomly took a picture of her! Congrats Emily!!!

Jeannette purchased a lovely Watermelon Tourmaline necklace.

2 comments:

  1. The show sounds like it was a blast - I really wish I could have made it out after the Farmer's Market closed up. Hopefully I can make it to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I sure hope so... I think I will be participating in the First Thursday Art Walk on the square from now on... do you do that?

    ReplyDelete