Thursday, January 27, 2011

Class

I just realized I have neglected to blog about my new jewelry class! 
Well, I signed up for the Advanced Jewelry Techniques but had to down grade to the Intro class. It turns out I am a bit rusty... it has been 2 years since I was in the studio working with metal. 

And, starting a new class in a new arts center was a bit intimidating. I need to learn my way around the studio here. It is totally different than the Art Center in Little Rock, but I will save that for a different post.

I dove right in and decided to start a bezel setting. I have all these groovy vintage buttons that are broken. Although broken, they are still beautiful and I am putting them to good use!

Here is my progress so far...



Last night I cut out the bezel and added the bail. Then, I had to clean up my solder and polish the piece. I am missing next weeks class because I will be in Tucson. I will keep you updated as I progress on this project. I really hope to be making more designs like this in the future. It is amazing what you can do with a sheet of metal. I get really overwhelmed by the possibilities and can't focus on all my thoughts. I hope to do a lot of sketching during my upcoming trip. Tucson will be a great place to find inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment