Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Story from Grandma

   Last night my grandmother called me to visit, which tickled me because that meant that she was feeling better. She wasn't feeling very well when I was home to visit so we didn't get as much good quality time together as usual. 
So we caught up with each other, talked about flowers, buttons, and cooking pesto. 
   Then she starts to tell me her "snake" story. 
She spotted a large black snake creeping around her Martin house in the yard. She called for back up but my aunt couldn't help and my grandpa was busy at the antique store. 
   Grandma told me all about getting the hoe and rake and going at the snake. She said she hit it 7 or 8 times but never could get a good swing at it and that it slowly slithered away.... she thinks she hurt it and scared it enough not to come back!  My 80-something year old grandma... the mental images of this crack me up!

A photo given to me by my Grandma, it's her and Gramp's in their early years. I love this photo. It sits on my desk and I look at it all the time. I like to sit and think about how much times have changed since this photo was taken.

I've decided to start documenting the stories from and about my Grandmother. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment