Monday, January 30, 2012

Dallas - Part I

  Wednesday I set off for my trip to Dallas. I drove down and spent the day with my good friend Brooke. We started off with lunch at Bolsa, in The Bishop Arts District. This was very yum! We shared the bruschetta (sp?) platter and then a ham sandwich. From there Brooke took me to Dude, Sweet Chocolate which is a "funky artisan dark chocolate" shop. We sampled a handful of their chocolates and made decisions on which to buy. I purchased the Urrunaga Bros. (Avoca's Peruvian Coffee and Sweetened Condensed Milk Fudge), and the Vincotto (Fig, Moroccan Almond Soft Toffee). Vincotto was by far my favorite and I can't stop eating it! I HIGHLY recommend checking this area out. There are tons of restaurants and boutiques and definitely GO GET SOME DUDE, SWEET Chocolate!! 
  From here we made our way to Ikea in Frisco. I had never been to an Ikea store. I specified their products a lot on my design projects in college so I always wanted to see them in person. Ikea is a little overwhelming... especially if you aren't really shopping for anything in particular. I had a lot of great ideas while in there but only came out with a hanger for scarves, plastic cutting boards, and a mat for a rug. I have always wanted to visit the store so I did! Yay! I can mark that off my list of things to do ;)
  After Ikea we met Brooke's husband Mike (the man who married Matt and I) for dinner. 
A fun, fun, fun day! It was so refreshing to hang out with my girlfriend and just be girls and giggle ALL DAY. Or maybe that's just Brooke rubbing off on me. What ever it is, I can't wait to go back for another girls day out!

YUM! this was my favorite chocolate!
Me in front of the pretties, largest yarn bombing I have ever seen!
Brooke and baby Harper (2 months).


No comments:

Post a Comment