Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dallas - Part II

  Day two of Dallas started with me driving downtown Dallas for the first time, in the dark, and rain! My knuckles were white, but I made it to the hotel at 6:30 a.m. in order to get ready for market with the girls of Threads Boutique. We grabbed a quick breakfast in the hotel and then caught the shuttle for F.I.G. where they had an appointment with their Joe's Jeans rep. I took my time browsing the market floor for jewelry artists like myself. I met two really nice ladies (Three Bishops and m.elizabeth designs) that were interested in talking with me.
My main goal was to visit, take notes, talk to people to see if setting up in a market like this is feasible for Bella Vita. I decided that it would be as soon as I figure out a catalog, line sheets, etc. etc. etc. My goal is to participate in a market like this in the next 8 months. 

  After a few hours of perusing the Market Center (which isn't a lot of fun unless you have a store you are buying for!!) I called Brooke and she came to pick me up. We went and goofed off for a few hours and then I came back to the hotel. 


  After a few hours of rest, we headed out to the Dallas Museum of Art for the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit. It was phenomenal! So many incredible designs in one exhibit. I don't know a lot about Jean Paul but I really enjoyed and appreciated his work. For more about the exhibit check out the website and this radio news story I found online. 


  I didn't get to wear my cute, coral-pink dress after all... I just didn't feel comfortable in it. I opted for leggings and a cute sweater and boots :)
  From the museum we headed to dinner at Dragonfly in Hotel ZaZa. The interior was so lovely... I think this was the main reason Leila picked this as our dinner spot. Check out the adorable wallpaper we sat by! Don't look too close, the flash picks up all the stains on the wall...


  Friday we got up, found a cute local diner and had a goodbye breakfast. I joked with Leila about how we always try to figure out ways to see each other. She lives in Louisiana now and I am in Oklahoma and we have managed to see each other quite a few times in the last 6 months. Not sure when the next time will be, but I am sure it will be an interesting adventure!

  As you read this blog post, I'll be in the sky flying to Tucson for the Gem and Mineral Show. Please do keep up with my posts! I'll be blogging and facebooking daily. If you have any special requests please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment