Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Show Schedule

Hi! I finally know where all my shows are going to be this Spring! 

  My show season starts on April 12th here in Norman. I'll be at STASH for the 2nd Friday Art Walk. I am super excited about this show not only because it is in an amazing store but it is also the Preview Party for the Wallpaper Project by the amazing Keisha Register. If you don't know what I am talking about, do yourself a favor and check out the links: Keisha, STASH, Art Walk/Preview Party... 
I hope to see you at one of my upcoming shows!!!

In other Bella Vita news...
  I have been working with PMC a lot! I worked up and fired my first batch of bronze clay this week. I am super stoked with the outcome. I can't wait to visit my Grandmother in April to make molds of more of her amazing antique buttons. 
  All of the pendants in the following pictures are fashioned from antique buttons or antique lockets. I search high and low for the perfect textured antique piece, make a mold of it, work the clay into the molds, dry the clay, finish/file/tweak the clay, and then fire it in my kiln. After firing I scrub it with a wire brush, and then throw it into my tumbler. Today I am going to see if I can find a material to patina them. I want to darken some of the nooks and crannies. 
  I am also going to turn them into jewelry designs. Off to work!!


Post firing, pre-tumbling.
Post tumbling and polishing. Now to make jewelry out of them.



1 comment:

  1. Wow1 You're so talented. I love your beads.
    I'm part of the bead soup party. Looking forward to the reveals. I'm now following you. I have a new blog. Please consider following my jewelry blog. Thanks.
    http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete