Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Veggie Salad



Dressing Recipe:
1/2 c salad oil - I used extra virgin olive oil
6 tsp red wine vinegar - I threw in a little extra because I love vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tsp Accent - I skipped this b/c it contains MSG 
And, I added 1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic (this wasn't in the original recipe from Matt's gma but it sounded good so I added it).

For the salad I just chopped up a bunch of cucumbers, tomatos, peppers, and onion. My grandfather made a similar salad but added cauliflower and broccoli to it as well.  
Drizzle a decent amount of dressing on the veggies and let sit for a few hours to marinade.
I love to sop up the dressing with a fresh french bread! Viola! So fresh and yummy on a hot summer day!

Do you have a good salad recipe? Please share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment