Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Accepting Credit Cards

About a year ago I decided to get a Paypal Virtual Terminal so that I would be able to accept credit cards at my shows and sales. I would tote my little MacBook around with me and hope and pray that I got a wireless signal where ever I was set up.
Well, that made me nervous because if my computer got lost or stolen I would be completely lost. So I decided to make the jump and buy an i phone. Everyone told me it would change my life (it hasn't). It has made my life a lot easier and definitely entertains me when I am standing in line at the post office. 
It has also made it a lot easier to process my credit card transactions. But not all of my needs were being met. In order to run a credit card I would have to pull up Paypal in my browser, login, type in ALL the card info etc... needless to say, it took a while and I wasn't satisfied with this process. 
A few days ago I had to call Paypal for some other business and happen to ask them if there was any kind of apps out there that would make it easier. They hesitated to give one brand, probably b/c of legalities, but gave me a couple of broad names. I did a little research and decided to go with, Swipe by appninjas.





I don't want to come off as "technologically advanced" here because I am not. I get by. 
This app has made my credit card sales a million times easier. I open it up on my phone and can immediately start the transaction. I fill in all the information, hand the phone over to the purchaser then they sign their signature and it emails them a receipt!!! My money goes to my account and they get their goods. It is awesome. I have only been using it for a few days and everything seems to be working out well. As of right now I highly recommend this app to all you artists and crafters that are in same boat as me. Here is the link to their website, http://appninjas.com/. The app is .99 and if you need a merchant account they can help you with that too or there are a handful you can connect the app to.

No comments:

Post a Comment